Kvartsmaraton (the quarter marathon) is an alternative for those who want to experience the beautiful scenery and demanding terrain of the Swedish mountains without going for the full or half versions.
Stretching over 13kms and with 600m in altitude gain it is certainly classified as a challenge while offering some stunning scenery along the way.
Run with your children
Only 200 SEK extra for a fantastic day with the next generation of upcoming runners.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
NOTE all courses are only preliminary until final decisions have been received from the County Administrative Board and private landowners.
Food and Liquid
Every runner is required to be self-sufficient during the race, carrying their own liquids or refilling along the route. Support is not necessary, although it is permitted at the refreshment station, but not along the actual route.
The start is located close to Köja, Edsåsdalen. Toilets and water are available.
Isotonic drinks, water, cinnamon buns.
Finish 13,5 km
Simple refreshments available.
QUARTZ anti-doping program – NOTE! Applies to elite runners KIA Fjällmaraton and Fjällmaraton 100K
For elite runners who have been admitted in the elite class to the KIA Fjällmaraton and Fjällmaraton 100K and choose to start, this means acceptance of the QUARTZ program for anti-doping.
See regulations below and create a health profile on the following page: https://www.quartzprogram.org/
Regulations: Link to document
- All litter, including paper, bottles etc, must be carried until you reach the nearest control station or the finish line.
- In the event of accident/injury, it is your responsibility to take care of the injured party until help arrives.
- If a runner wishes to pull out of an event, it is necessary to inform the nearest control station or call the race organisers.
- Support is not essential, although it is allowed at the four food/drink stations, but not along the route.
- All runners must be aware of the risk of participating in a race in an environment like this. The race have a security organisation to act, if someone have a serious injury along the track, to minimize the time of evacuation. But weather and terrain conditions can affect the rescue time. That is why the compulsory equipment are of importance.
The equipment is compulsory for the safety of the runners during the entirety of the race.
- Backpack or waistbag
- First Aid Bandage
- Compass (Magnetic)
- Windproof jacket
- An extra long-sleeve base layer
- Container for at least 0.5 liter water
- Hat & gloves
- Long windproof trousers*
- Bib number (obtained by us)
- Map (obtained by us)
- Timing chip (obtained by us)
Random kit checks will take place at the finishing line, with time penalties of 15 minutes per item if deemed missing/inadequate.